- 1 cup Papalote Roasted Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup of water
- 2 lbs. sirloin, flank steak, or pork shoulder
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Corn or flour tortillas, as needed
Dice meat into 1” cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat up oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown meat along with the chopped onion. Add Papalote Roasted Tomato Salsa and water and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for about an hour or until the meat is very tender and the sauce is thick. Add mushrooms and bell peppers, cover for 5 minutes in medium heat. Ready to serve with warm tortillas.